Tin Ka Ping Foundation is a charitable organization founded in 1982 by Dr. TIN Ka Ping. The Foundation is devoted to its charitable causes and aspires to promoting cultural and educational development, improving the quality of education as its contribution to China’s advancement. The Foundation is managed rigorously by a team of professionals and funded by assets donated by Dr. Tin and his family.
In the 1960s and 1970s, Dr. Tin served as a director of Pok Oi Hospital and Tung Wah Group of Hospitals, and provided financial aids for the construction of the Yan Oi Tong headquarters. Following the vision of “from society, for society“, he set up Tin Ka Ping Foundation in 1982.
Since the beginning of the Foundation, Dr Tin, with full support of his family and helping hands from the community, has funded countless charitable projects. In 1983, “The Salvation Army Tin Ka Ping School” was established as the first school named in his honour. In 1984, “Guangdong Dapu County Tin Ka Ping No.1 Secondary School” was opened and then in 1987, “Yan Oi Tong Tin Ka Ping Secondary School”. In 1994, with Hong Kong government’s approval, the Foundation started to run a new school, “Tin Ka Ping Secondary School” in Fanling, Hong Kong’s New Territories.
The Foundation then extended its reach to Guangdong, and further to other parts of China. To date, the foundation has funded 92 tertiary institutions, 164 Tin Ka Ping secondary schools, 41 Tin Ka Ping primary schools, 19 Tin Ka Ping colleges and kindergartens, over 1800 rural libraries, 29 hospitals, and about 130 bridges and roads across 34 provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions.